Sport & Recreation Directory
Nundah Activity Centre Inc.
– Golden Years Seniors Centre Inc
15 Jenner Street
NUNDAH QLD 4012
The Centre will promote healthy and happy lifestyles for people 50 years and over and to enhance the quality of life for older people, people with disabilities and their carers.
The Intent of Nundah Activity Centre Inc.:
The Golden Years Centre is located in the inner metropolitan suburb of Nundah, Brisbane Qld. Our catchment area has a significant aged population with persons over 70 years of age making up over 12% of the population. It is estimated that 31% live alone and maybe in danger of becoming socially isolated from their community.
Over the years there has been a trend for Government to fund large-scale regional services with the capacity to take advantage of economies of scale. In contrast Golden Years has remained relatively small focusing on localised and personal service provision. We are proud of our 25 year record of personal service but realise that we need to adapt our services to the emerging and changing needs for our ageing members but also to ensure we remain financially viable.
Current Activities of Nundah Activity Centre Inc.:
- Centre-based day respite
- Allied Health Services - podiatry services
- Social Support - visting and assisting seniors
- Community Information & Education Sessions
- In-Centre Meals
- Wheels to Meals
- Meals on Wheels
- Leisure Activities - there are over 30 activities held in the Centre each week
- Computer Education
- Fitness & Wellness Activities - programs of gentle exercise, Qi Gong, Yoga & Aqua Aerobics
- Social Function
- Advocacy Services
- Community Visitors Scheme