Pacific Communities Council FNQ
6 Harper Close
MANUNDA QLD 4870
- Act as the Co-ordinating body and represent the collective interest for and concerns of the Pacific Communities in Far North Queensland.
- To establish a Far North Queensland Pacific Centre.
- To liaise, lobby and work in collaboration with Government and non government Agencies on settlement, health and welfare, education, employment, home storage, business, social, cultural, emotional and spiritual issues affecting our own Pacific Communities.
- Establish links in dissemination of government information and facilitate communication with the Pacific Island countries, including New Zealand in the best interests of the Pacific Communities of Far North Queensland.
- To promote Pacific Island Nations and New Zealand in Australia and encourage interchange of ideas ideologies, understanding of different cultures while achieving a better understanding of the diversity of cultures in Far North Queensland.
Recent Accomplishments of Pacific Communities Council FNQ:
Pacific Communities Festival in the heart of Cairns, The Esplanade 2009 and 2010.
Cultural Performance at the Prime Minister's Dinner during the Pacific Forum 2009
Working with Qld Health to diseminate and gather information from Pacific Island Communities re: swine flu.
Participation in Pacific Communities Council FNQ:
The group is open for everyone to join or participate in.
The venue is wheelchair accessible.