Animal Active: The Australian Animal Rights Network
Suite18 "Kindness House"/288 Brunswick St
FITZROY VIC 3065
Animal Active was established as a network organisation linking with other groups in defence of the right of all animals to lives free from neglect,exploitation and abuse.
The Intent of Animal Active: The Australian Animal Rights Network:
Recent Accomplishments of Animal Active: The Australian Animal Rights Network:
- rehoming "death row" dogs and cats through our "Give a Dog a Home" and "Give a Mog a Home" Schemes
- providing ongoing rescue and support for displaced inner-suburban wildlife (possums) and outer-suburban wildlife (kangaroos)
- undertaking Trap-Neuter-Release programs for free-living colony cats thus ensuring humane population control as an effective alternative to "trap and kill" programs
- currently establishing an inner-suburban willdife carers group to skill up and service Melbourne's CBD and surrounding areas
- establishing inaugral "Wildspace" wildlife art exhibition, launching on 9th October 2008, as an annual event to highlight issues affecting wildlife welfare such as habitat loss, negative community attitudes, cruelty and destructive management practices by local councils;
- ongoing humane education schools program based on the principle that "teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as good for the child as it is for the caterpillar"
- networking with other organisations, nationally and internationally, on a variety of animal welfare and animal defence campaigns and programs.
Participation in Animal Active: The Australian Animal Rights Network:
The group is open for everyone to join or participate in.
Office at 288 Brunswick St Fitzroy Victoria 3065
The venue is wheelchair accessible.
As need arises; we communicate meeting arrangements with supporters through an email list
Active membership is complimentary but supporter donations and assistance with fundraising encouraged.