Health & Wellbeing Directory
wound care association of NSW
PO Box 402
SOUTH HURSTVILLE NSW 2221
The Association aims:
1. To provide a forum for the open interplay of information from the diversity of disciplines involved in tissue viability and wound care.
2. To facilitate the sharing of wound care information by the organisation of seminars, conferences, and workshops as deemed relevant and necessary by the members of the association.
3. To foster the establishment of a network of practitioners so that conservative, innovative and-or novel approaches to wound care can be disseminated.
4. To foster the development of credible scientific research into wound care products and treatment regimes.
5. To foster the development of multi-centre and longitudinal studies on the effects and consequences of various wound care modalities.
6. To provide a vehicle through which governments are advised of the developments in the fields of tissue viability and wound care so that these will be implemented for the betterment of both the recipients and providers of health care in NSW.
7. To produce a periodical that will facilitate the dissemination of tissue viability and wound care information to all members and to other professionals who may not necessarily be directly involved in wound care and who may not be members.
8. To do any acts necessary to further these objectives.
The Intent of wound care association of NSW:
The Association is a multi-disciplinary, not for profit association consisting of persons who are committed to developing and improving wound management through education, research, communication and networks.
Recent Accomplishments of wound care association of NSW:
Benefits of belonging to the WCANSW
- Free to members: Biennial Education Day
- Country Seminar
- Personal Scholarship opportunities
- Discounted conferences
- Twice yearly NSW newsletter
- Surfing our website
- Quarterly Australian Journal 'Primary Intention'