|Ms Kristina Meredith|
|Phone:||(08) 8671 2545|
|Fax:||(08) 8671 2934|
To be a community operated radio station, operating twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and staffed almost entirely by a dedicated group of local volunteers, and to operate as a non profit organisation which:
1. Achieves a standard of excellence in broadcasting information and culture to both the actual and potential audience within the Roxby Downs Area.
2. Reflects the cultural aspirations and sensibilities of the Roxby Downs Area.
3. Provides an avenue for training and personal development for the Roxby Downs Community.
4. Provides support, encouragement, and assists and co-operates with other community groups and organisations in achieving their goals.
5. Aims to achieve a balanced program of events in the Roxby Downs Area.
6.Helps and encourage ROXFM members who may wish to pursue an interest or future in the fields of journalism, radio or television.
RoxFM is passionate about giving the Roxby Downs Community a voice and aims to encourage and mentor individuals into getting involved with the station.
While most of RoxFM's volunteers are involved in on-air presentation, there are also other avenues when people can get involved, such as helping out on RoxFM's stall at the community Market Days and helping out with technical issues.
We also get involved with many community events, fundraisers and initiatives, including the Cancer Council's Relay For Life and the Roxby Downs Christmas Pageant.
RoxFM engages a tremendous amount of the town's youth, who are involved with the station both on air and also a general volunteering capacity. RoxFM also works together with the Roxby Downs Area School to offer Vocational Education Training (VET) in Radio for school students.
RoxFM is passionate about giving young people a voice within the community and acquire media training,not to mention confidence for future endeavors. Since starting their training at RoxFM, some of our youth presenters have gone on to excel in various media-related areas, including being recognised in the prestigious SA Great Regional Awards.
Our young presenters are on air week days from 3pm to 5pm and range from 13 years to 18 years of age.
The group is open for everyone to join or participate in.
Go to www.roxfm.com.au and check out our Get Invovled! page for more details.
The venue is not wheelchair accessible.